TX #9: September 1986
- Editorial More changes to TX
- Newsdesk Clive Glover introduces you to Sealand, and ex-wartime fort off Essex, soon to house three new radio stations beaming programmes at Europe. Plus news of Radio Jackie, Action Now for Community Radio and the community radio "open day".
- Rumblings Chris England's view of the world of radio – this month looking at the Community Radio Association and the lack of personality DJs.
- Teknix: FM transmission Continuing in our series on starting a station, we move on to transmission equipment. We explain how to go about looking for a site, and reveal for the first time some of the techniques used by stations to avoid detection by the DTI.
- The Eric File: England's encounters In an Eric File special, Christopher England describes his encounters with the radio police, from an early encounter in a North London field to his last regular radio appearance on Radio Shoestring and his subsequent court appearance.
- Network 21 An introduction to Britain's first regular pirate TV station, now broadcasting its mix of independent films and videos every Friday night to London viewers from secret, ever-changing sites in Crystal Palace.
- Selections Tony Tridex tries his hand at picking the best of hip-hop radio in London.
- On-Air In-depth reports of the major stations from August, plus full details of all the minors.