For three years in the eighties, TX Magazine catalogued the growth of London's pirate radio stations and the fight for a free radio alternative to the bland pop and chatter of the BBC and Independent Local Radio. Later it took to the telephone network as AM/FM, adding a print newsletter and embracing the net.
This site now brings together the past issues of TX and AM/FM together with histories, photos and memorabilia from the eighties pirates, sharing a slice of London's radio history.
- Pirates Histories of the 25 most important pirate radio stations in eighties' London.
- TX Magazine All eighteen issues of TX Magazine / Radio Today from 1985 to 1988.
- AM/FM News The AM/FM Online Edition, with general radio news from 1992 - 1994.
- Photos + Promos Inside stations including Kiss-FM, plus stickers, press releases and more.
- Replay Listen to the sound of London's pirates from the seventies to 1990.
- History The inside story of TX Magazine, Radio Today and AM/FM.
New for 2014: extensive station histories with lots of photos, the early issues of TX Magazine that didn't make it to the web before, new station promo material and loads of of new audio clips.