For three years in the eighties, TX Magazine catalogued the growth of London's pirate radio stations and the fight for a free radio alternative to the bland pop and chatter of the BBC and Independent Local Radio. Later it took to the telephone network as AM/FM, adding a print newsletter and embracing the net.
This site now brings together the past issues of TX and AM/FM together with histories, photos and memorabilia from the eighties pirates, sharing a slice of London's radio history. For updates catch us on Twitter as @amfmldn.
- London's Pirate Pioneers The new book on the illegal broadcasters who changed British radio.
- Pirates Histories of the 25 most important pirate radio stations in eighties-ish London.
- TX Magazine All eighteen issues of TX Magazine / Radio Today from 1985 to 1988.
- AM/FM News The AM/FM Online Edition, with general radio news from 1992 to 1994.
- Photos + Promos Inside the stations, plus stickers, press releases and more.
- Replay Listen to the sound of London's pirates from the 1970s to 1990.
- History The inside story of TX Magazine, Radio Today and AM/FM.